A Funny Thing About Intuition
By Natasha J. Rosewood
"Hey, darlin'. Do you want to go waterskiin'?" I was lying on a beach in Barbados, recovering from the frivolity of the night before. Squinting up at the Bejan man who was barely keeping the sun out of my eyes, I said, "Yes, please." Waterskiing was something I had promised myself I would try on this holiday.
In the shallow blue waters, the "look-out" helped me into the skis and then handed me the rope pull. "Jost sit back in de water, darlin'," he instructed.
No problem, mon, I thought. But as the boat pulled away, I leaned backwards, and fell. We tried again. I fell forwards. We tried again. I fell sideways.
After five attempts, the look-out was getting impatient. "Listen, darlin'," he said as he leaned over the back of the boat, "dis am de last time." He saw my disappointment and softened. "All you have to do is lean back in de water and let de boat do de work for you."
So I relaxed into the movement and rhythm of the boat and let it pull me. Years later, as a facilitator of intuitive development, I realize that we all have a boat pulling us through life. It's called intuition. When we just relax into life and allow our intuitive senses to take us where we need to go, it works.
The following are ten more reasons for letting our intuition pull us:
- Intuition offers us the space to relax into the truth.
- Intuition allows us to rely on our own senses of what is right, rather than other people's opinions. And people always have opinions.
- Intuition guides us towards or away from positive or negative situations.
- Intuition empowers us to take a current reality and project it into the future, just like the weatherman. But if we don't like what we see, we have the power to change direction.
- Intuition gives us the ability to rise above a situation and see the funny side of it.
- Intuition speaks to us constantly from a higher, more intelligent vibration.
- Intuition lets us know we are never alone.
- Intuition asks us to trust what we feel, not what we see.
- Intuition gives us permission to sense, not just to think.
- Intuition provides all-knowing wisdom and is always for our highest good.
Did you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts with friends...