References for Chapters Five-Seven
The following books have been valuable references in the writing of Chapters 5-7 (ISBN numbers on request):
- "Mind Games - the guide to inner space" by R.E.L. Masters & Jean Houston (1989, Routledge), techniques for mind expansion without the use of drugs.
- "Introduction to Neuro-Linguistic Programming" by Joseph O'Connor & John Seymour (1990, Crucible), an excellent explanation of NLP principles.
- "The White Hole in Time - Our future evolution and the meaning of Now" by Peter Russell (1982, Aquarian Press).
- "The Rebirth of Nature -The Greening of Science & God" by Rupert Sheldrake (1991, Rider).
- "Freedom From the Known" by Krishnamurti (1991, Victor Gollancz).
- "Beyond the Brain - Birth, Death & Transcendence in Psychotherapy" by Stanislav Grof (1985, State University of NY).
- "The Transpersonal - Psychotherapy & counseling" by John Rowan (1993, Routledge).
- "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot (1991, Grafton Books).
- "Stalking the Wild Pendulum - On the mechanics of consciousness" by Itzhak Benthov (1988, Destiny Books).
- "The Atman Project - A Transpersonal View of Human Development" by Ken Wilber (1980, Quest).
- "The Spectrum of Consciousness" by Ken Wilber (1977, Quest).
- "The Awakened Mind" by C. Maxwell Cade & Nona Coxhead (1979, Wildwood House).
- "The Turning Point" by Fritjof Capra (1982, Simon & Schuster).
- "The Quantum Self" by Danah Zohar (1990, Flamingo).
And many more at Books for Transformation.
Two People Essential To This Project
For 30 years Gregory Mitchell researched and developed the techniques for Biofeedback Monitoring as applied to mind development. In particular he developed techniques for monitoring the differentiation between left and right cortical hemispheres in the psychotherapeutic context. I was fortunate to work with Gregory for several years and his wide-ranging teachings are a major influence on the content of Transforming the Mind, and are also a foundation for the introductory New Life Course course.
Gregory went on to research at the most advanced levels of Mind Development and discovered many further important insights - in particular, original work on mnemonics, artificial languages and logic. The latest research by cognitive scientists is only now begining to uncover the ideas and methods that Gregory Mitchell had been working with for 30 years!
Before he retired in 1994, Gregory granted Trans4mind the rights to further develop and edit his materials in order to offer a series of home-study courses through the Internet. The foundation courses are now in place, and over the next few years there will be some 12 courses in total, which will cover the complete spectrum of cognitive development.
Through my work with Gregory, I was introduced to his mother, Irene Mumford. What a family! It turned out that she too had spent her life researching and developing profound techniques for consciousness expansion that take off from the point where Gregory's work leads up to. She developed advanced techniques for spiritual transformation utilizing biofeedback monitoring. Since her passing on in '91, I have worked hard on the materials she left and now present them in the form of the The Insight Project course. The Insight Project is firmly based on her work. I have edited and added to the materials as a result of my own experience and knowledge and in particular what I have learnt in supervising the work of the many students Irene originally started on the project and the new people introduced through this site. Irene is much loved and missed. Through the Internet I hope to introduce new students to the phenomenal practical techniques of The Insight Project and so continue her work.
Move on to Chapter Eight - The Insight Project: Discovering the Higher Self
Return to Transforming the Mind - Contents
MOST SHARED ON TRANS4MIND.COM THIS WEEK...
Most popular hypnosis downloads...
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Generalized Anxiety Treatment ~ Use hypnosis as a generalized anxiety disorder treatment and you can feel calm today.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
The iAwake Profound Meditation Program is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
We believe that technology can be used in a wise and balanced way to improve our lives. That’s why we recommend using Profound Meditation in conjunction with your preferred meditation technique. That could involve breath awareness, witnessing, visualization, mantra, or any other form. In the User Guide, iAwake provide simple meditation instructions that anyone can follow.
Profound Meditation 3.0 includes 19 audio tracks, 430 total minutes and is available for instant download. It provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Inspiring Quotes of the Week
When you subscribe to our free service, each Monday you'll receive several transformational quotes on a new topic - with commentary by Peter Shepherd - to inspire you throughout the week...
Subscribe now... it's free!
Your address will remain 100% confidential and it's just one click to unsubscribe.