Forms and colors
At some deep experiential (and possibly also innate) level we subjectively identify ourselves and our motivational states with objective forms and the felt arousal of colors.
The telic state is experienced as 'being a cube', as stable as can be with no potential movement; a definite, fixed purpose. The 'blue' telic state contains emptiness, cold, stillness; the 'green' telic state is contemplative and relaxing.
Reversal is equivalent to a cylinder, which has limited movement in one direction (on a plane). This 'violet' process contains both telic planning and paratelic trying-out, and also telic panic if things go wrong.
The paratelic state is experienced as being a sphere, with unlimited movement. 'Orange' signifies playfulness and activity, 'yellow' spontaneity and openness, 'red' full arousal, warmth and substance; whilst 'white' is the illumination of insight at the peak of experiencing.
One could add to this the high-arousal relationships of red with anger and rage (fight responses) and yellow with cowardice and anxiety (flight responses). Also the low-arousal relationship of blue with depression and green with envy. The language is full of symbolic references to the basic forms in terms of psychological motivation. The sphere corresponds to 'play about' or 'lark around', and with a ball, ring or circus. The cylinder matches 'going straight' or 'toeing the line'. The cube is represented by 'to stand four square', 'fight our corner', to square up', to be 'square' and a 'square peg in a round hole'.
Move on to The COEX
Return to Transforming the Mind - Contents
Most popular hypnosis downloads...
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Generalized Anxiety Treatment ~ Use hypnosis as a generalized anxiety disorder treatment and you can feel calm today.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
The iAwake Profound Meditation Program is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
Inspiring Quotes of the Week
When you subscribe to our free service, each Monday you'll receive several transformational quotes on a new topic - with commentary by Peter Shepherd - plus an exceptional accompanying article, to inspire you throughout the week.
And as a bonus when you've confirmed your subscription, freely download your choice of 250 eBooks in the Transformational eBook Collection - including Peter Shepherd's book, 'Daring to Be Yourself'!
Subscribe now... it's free!
Please look out for an email asking you to confirm your subscription request.
Your address will remain 100% confidential and it's just one click to unsubscribe.