The Three Worlds
A child's ability to refer to itself, its desires and the social pressures of its environment requires little, if any, syntactic ability. Yet this early function of language has profound effects. The mastery of language to express feelings and to encode socially desirable and undesirable behaviors to oneself, provides the source of motivation for advancing to more elaborate usages of language - usages that do require syntax. There are special areas of the cerebral cortex concerned with language that make this possible. But this would not happen either, were it not for the developing self-consciousness of the child in its struggle for self-realization and self-expression, empowered by the Higher Self.
Language is the outstanding distinctive mark of human thought and behavior.
Reality encompasses all existence and all experiences; this may be divided into three worlds. The objective reality is the world of physical objects and states, including the human organism. The second world is that of subjective experiences or states of consciousness. The word 'thought' refers to a mental experience in a world of its own, a personal subjective reality. In contrast there is a third world, the world of human creativity and shared subjective experience, the products of thought processes - the cultural subjective reality. In linguistic expression, subjective thought processes achieve an objective status - this is the man-made world of knowledge and of culture including language.
The mediator of these three worlds is the Higher Self, with the assistance of the brain. The external world is perceived through the outer senses; the inner consciousness interprets and manipulates this information and encodes communication to others through language and behavior; this then becomes part of the shared world. Through this cyclic interaction our world view develops.
An appealing analogy, but no more than an analogy, is to regard the body and brain as a superb computer built by genetic coding as an inbuilt operating system, and which has been created by the process of biological evolution. The Self is the programmer of the computer. Each of us as a programmer is born with our computer in its initial embryonic state. We develop it throughout life. It is our lifelong companion in all transactions. It inputs from and outputs to the world, which includes other Selves.
Non-verbal thought may exist at a high level, even with reference to an ultimate verbal encoding. But anyone who writes knows that having to put one's ideas into words - to evaluate, classify and organize them - can sharpen thought. Language is the outstanding distinctive mark of human thought and behavior.
Move on to The Semantic Differential
Return to Transforming the Mind - Contents
Most popular hypnosis downloads...
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Generalized Anxiety Treatment ~ Use hypnosis as a generalized anxiety disorder treatment and you can feel calm today.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
The iAwake Profound Meditation Program is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!