References & Links
The following books have been valuable references in the writing of this Chapter:
- "Thoughts & Feelings - the Art of Cognitive Stress Intervention" by Mathew McKay, Ph.D. Martha Davis, Ph.D. Patrick Fanning (1981, New Harbinger Publications) on cognitive behavioral therapy.
- "I'm OK - You're OK" by Thomas A. Harris, MD (1973, Pan Books ISBN: 0 330 23543 5) on basic principles of Transactional Analysis.
- "Prometheus Rising" by Robert Anton Wilson (1990, Falcon Press ISBN: 0 941404 19 6) a brilliant exposition of Timothy Leary's Eight Circuits of Consciousness.
- "The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution" by P. D. Ouspensky (1978, Routledge & Keegan Paul ISBN: 0 7100 8896 5) explaining some of the fundamental tenets of Gurdjieff.
- "Waking Up - Overcoming the Obstacles to Human Potential" by Charles T. Tart (1988, Element Books ISBN 1 85230 053 1) that advances Gurdjieff thought with the concept of cultural trance.
- "Self-Analysis" by Karen Horney (W.W. Norton & Company; ISBN: 0393311651) Discusses the possibilities of self-analysis - to what extent individuals can use the techniques of psychoanalysis on their own to solve personal problems.
- "Barefoot Psychoanalyst" by John Southgate and Rosemary Randall (1989, Gale center Publications ISBN: 1 870258 06 1) based on Karen Horney's insights.
- "The Practice of Rational Emotive behavior Therapy?" by Windy Dryden & Albert Ellis (1998, Free Assn Books ISBN: 1853434272) a description of how the principles of rational thinking may be applied to therapeutic change.
Return to Transforming the Mind - Contents
Continue to the next article, Communication in Therapy
Most popular hypnosis downloads...
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Generalized Anxiety Treatment ~ Use hypnosis as a generalized anxiety disorder treatment and you can feel calm today.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
The iAwake Profound Meditation Program is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!
Inspiring Quotes of the Week
When you subscribe to our free service, each Monday you'll receive several transformational quotes on a new topic - with commentary by Peter Shepherd - plus an exceptional accompanying article, to inspire you throughout the week.
And as a bonus when you've confirmed your subscription, freely download your choice of 250 eBooks in the Transformational eBook Collection - including Peter Shepherd's book, 'Daring to Be Yourself'!
Subscribe now... it's free!
Please look out for an email asking you to confirm your subscription request.
Your address will remain 100% confidential and it's just one click to unsubscribe.