References & Links
The following books have been valuable references in the writing of this Chapter:
- "Thoughts & Feelings - the Art of Cognitive Stress Intervention" by Mathew McKay, Ph.D. Martha Davis, Ph.D. Patrick Fanning (1981, New Harbinger Publications) on cognitive behavioral therapy.
- "I'm OK - You're OK" by Thomas A. Harris, MD (1973, Pan Books ISBN: 0 330 23543 5) on basic principles of Transactional Analysis.
- "Prometheus Rising" by Robert Anton Wilson (1990, Falcon Press ISBN: 0 941404 19 6) a brilliant exposition of Timothy Leary's Eight Circuits of Consciousness.
- "The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution" by P. D. Ouspensky (1978, Routledge & Keegan Paul ISBN: 0 7100 8896 5) explaining some of the fundamental tenets of Gurdjieff.
- "Waking Up - Overcoming the Obstacles to Human Potential" by Charles T. Tart (1988, Element Books ISBN 1 85230 053 1) that advances Gurdjieff thought with the concept of cultural trance.
- "Self-Analysis" by Karen Horney (W.W. Norton & Company; ISBN: 0393311651) Discusses the possibilities of self-analysis - to what extent individuals can use the techniques of psychoanalysis on their own to solve personal problems.
- "Barefoot Psychoanalyst" by John Southgate and Rosemary Randall (1989, Gale center Publications ISBN: 1 870258 06 1) based on Karen Horney's insights.
- "The Practice of Rational Emotive behavior Therapy?" by Windy Dryden & Albert Ellis (1998, Free Assn Books ISBN: 1853434272) a description of how the principles of rational thinking may be applied to therapeutic change.
And many more at Books for Transformation.
MOST SHARED ON TRANS4MIND.COM THIS WEEK...
Holosync is the most powerful meditation, personal growth and mind development tool available. Meditating with the aid of Holosync is effortless and deeply relaxing - plus it enables you to make quantum leaps in awareness and emotional health...
Inspiring Quotes of the Week
When you subscribe to our free service, each Monday you'll receive several transformational quotes on a new topic - with commentary by Peter Shepherd - to inspire you throughout the week...
Subscribe now... it's free!
Your address will remain 100% confidential and it's just one click to unsubscribe.
Get exclusive access to the eLibrary... an entire world of personal development resources - and its all waiting for you to explore!
This is an astonishing resource with thousands of quality personal development and spiritual ebooks, courses, websites and full-length ebooks - many made especially available for this library. Gigabytes of great info... everyone who joins is amazed at the breadth and depth of content. If you're a curious person, open minded and want to learn - then this is for you!
Our free meditation program to awaken heart-consciousness...