Inspiring Quotes of the Week + Bonuses!
Inspiring Quotes of the Week...
Commentary by Peter Shepherd
Ego and egotism are two things entirely. We each have an ego, as defined by Freud - it is our thinking mind's sense of identity. Egotism, however, is a symptom of a fearful mind. When, through personal growth, the mind is increasingly created by our loving source, then ego becomes transparent. The reactive ego tends to be negative, the mindful presence to be positive. Which is the true you?
Why courage to listen? Because we are opening up to alternative ideas and as a result our precious beliefs and fixed ideas may be threatened and our ego rightness put in question. But without genuine listening there is no chance of real progress being made. To move ahead, we need not be afraid to speak from the heart nor to listen generously.
Splitting everything into two's... love/hate, beautiful/ugly, good/bad, etc. is an aspect of left-brain analysis - the judging ego. But it's in quite the opposite direction to the spiritual tendency to accept without conditions - the loving compassion that recognizes oneness. Oneness and separation also make a whole; neither are therefore 'good' or bad' as such, they are part of the human condition that we incarnate to experience.
Both sides of a dichotomy in life (yin and yang, light and dark, good and bad, individual and integrated, etc) form a whole; both apply at the same time, neither can exist without the other, like the two sides of a coin. We can be human beings and enlightened spiritually all at once - not just one or the other as is often implied. Mindful awareness can accompany the body-mind and ego, and provides a valuable missing context.
The mental sense of self, or ego, is a surface mask for a deeper identity, the true self, so often hidden or asleep. Let go... and become the 'butterfly' that you are destined to become.
Here’s some further reading on this theme...
How Do You Keep Your Ego Feeling Good? ~ by Gabriella Kortsch, Ph.D.
The ego is a funny thing. If you don't stop to think about it you could believe that it's actually who you are as opposed to it just being a part yourself – your psychological self - that doesn't necessarily work in your favor. It can be quite insidious in the way it sneaks into your vision of yourself, making you think that what it thinks truly is you, and comes from you, and some of the things this ego thinks (and makes you believe) tell you that: you are right, or better, or more important, or more powerful, or more righteous, or more spiritual, or more suitable than another, or many others. Such a belief generally blows people up - on some level of false pride - to several times their size. Continues...
A great way to support your Trans4mind Training is to use these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
The iAwake Profound Meditation Program is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!