What Can I Do to Resolve Differences of Opinion in my Family about Religion?
I'm having trouble relating to my family because they're largely religious, but I'm not. I'm a pretty ethical and sensitive person, but I have a rather pragmatic approach to death and just can't treat it with the same view, since I don't believe in an afterlife, and see the life we're in now as most important. A lot of people in situations like that seem to throw their family away, and at my most angry times I've been tempted, but I can't help but wonder if there isn't something worth salvaging. What would you do?
I would resolve to be more tolerant and accepting of my family. I suspect this is a case of mutual intolerance. There is no problem in different family members having contrary views such as the ones you describe. Indeed to be a truly religious person is to promote unity by a process of tolerance and mutual understanding.
You cannot determine how you will be treated by your family however you can decide how you will treat them. Pursue a path of tolerance and mutual understanding by not seeking to convert other members of your family to your views but instead try and understand their views. By this process your own tolerance and understanding will develop, and you will become a truly religious person - even if you do not believe in life after death!
Read more questions on this topic
MOST SHARED ON TRANS4MIND.COM THIS WEEK...
Most popular hypnosis downloads...
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Generalized Anxiety Treatment ~ Use hypnosis as a generalized anxiety disorder treatment and you can feel calm today.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
Holosync is the most powerful meditation, personal growth and mind development tool available. Meditating with the aid of Holosync is effortless and deeply relaxing - plus it enables you to make quantum leaps in awareness and emotional health...
Inspiring Quotes of the Week
When you subscribe to our free service, each Tuesday you'll receive several transformational quotes on a new topic - with commentary by Peter Shepherd - to inspire you throughout the week...
Plus an excellent article on the topic and news of the latest additions to Trans4mind ...with special offers on our products!
Subscribe now... it's free!
Your address will remain 100% confidential
and it's just one click to unsubscribe.
SPECIAL BONUS FOR SUBSCRIBERS!
Transformational eBook Library... a collection of 40 PDFs for you to download that will really help to turn your life around!
Get exclusive access to the eLibrary... an entire world of personal development resources - and its all waiting for you to explore!
This is an astonishing resource with thousands of quality personal development and spiritual ebooks, courses, websites and full-length ebooks - many made especially available for this library. Gigabytes of great info... everyone who joins is amazed at the breadth and depth of content. If you're a curious person, open minded and want to learn - then this is for you!
Our free meditation program to awaken heart-consciousness...