Jump to the following topics:
- What is synchronicity?
What is synchronicity? It is
the occurrence of events which have the following characteristics:
- The events are simultaneous. There could be:
The events are meaningful. We intuit a special significance;
the event "glows," and it resonates deep within us, and perhaps it
stirs a profound realization regarding some aspect of our life.
This meaningfulness differentiates synchronous events from mere
coincidences. For example, we might be reading a newspaper article
about a politician when his or her campaign ad starts to play on a
nearby radio; if we do not intuit any particular importance to the
concurrence, then it was just a coincidence. Whenever we
mistakenly view a coincidence as a synchronous event, we are
indulging in superstition; we are falsely believing that there is
an implication (or even a cause-and-effect relationship) in the
fact that the two events occurred together.
The events are not connected by cause-and-effect; i.e., one
event does not cause the other. Jung theorized that synchronicity
is a universal force, like gravity, which somehow presents
parallel occurrences due to a quirk in the time-space continuum.
Jung said that the concept of synchronicity explains the workings
of astrology, I Ching, and similar phenomena; for example, he
believed that the lay of the coins in I Ching is synchronous with
personal events in the person's life. Synchronicity -- Jung's
"acausal connecting principle" -- is a separate principle from
that of cause-and-effect (i.e., "karma"), so it provides another
way in which to view the dynamics of the universe; in
synchronicity, two events appear to be related but we do not
detect a causal, karmic relationship between them. But perhaps
another force lies behind synchronicity. Jung and other authors
have detected no cause-and-effect link between two
synchronous events. But we can speculate that there is a third
element which precipitates the two events. Consider this analogy:
In a room, we have one person who is deaf, and two persons who can
hear. When a firecracker explodes, the two hearing people jump in
surprise. From the viewpoint of the deaf person (who did not hear
the firecracker), the jumping was a synchronous event; one
person's jump did not cause the other person's jump -- but the law
of cause-and-effect was indeed occurring, with a cause which was
simply not perceived by the deaf person. Perhaps all synchronous
events are caused by a force which we do not detect. (This
possibility is explored further in our study of the synchronicity
- Two internal events, e.g., two people having a
corresponding thought at the same moment.
- Two external events, e.g., two people committing a
corresponding act at the same time.
- A combination of an inner event (i.e., a thought or
feeling) and an external event. Carl Jung, who developed the
concept of synchronicity, offered this example: During a
therapy session, a patient was describing her dream about a
golden scarab (a beetle which was notable in Egyptian
mythology); when a similar beetle suddenly flew in through an
open window, the patient was so astonished by the coincidence
that she experienced a breakthrough in her therapy.
Looking for a better life?
Trans4mind Training - our series of online, interactive video workshops - presents the most effective methods of personal development, combined with support from expert life coaches. The human heart made visible.
A great way to support your Trans4mind Training is to use these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
The iAwake Profound Meditation Program is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!