Skin Care Nitty-Gritty
By Sharon Hopkins
While the shelves labeled beauty care are laden with various types of products to help you with your skin, confusion lies in choosing the right product. So what is the best bet? To choose a new entrant on the block or wait for something which might still be much better. Also "whether this will suit my skin type remains unanswered. It is important to know how to deal with our skin. Skin is not any just surface wherein you try and test various concoctions in pursuit of beauty.
Smartness lies not in believing the promises of the product and experimenting for experiments sake but understanding the true type and texture of your skin and caring for it wisely. Cosmetics come in many form and deciding what is good for your is often a matter of personal taste. Here is a basic skin care advice that every woman should know.
- Cleansers cleanse the skin of impurities and restore the natural oil balance. Liquid cleansers are available in the market for all skin types. A good cleanser deep cleanses, opens the pores, and removes excess oil and makeup. Cream based cleansers are good for dry skin. For oily skin, grains coarse cleanser should be used. Medicated soaps should be used for acne and problem skin and hypoallergenic soaps for sensitive skin. For touch ups throughout the day, use pad cleansers.
- Refreshers complete the cleansing process. They tone, soothe and hydrate the skin and keep the complexion clear and clean. Astringents for oily and normal skin types, toners for normal and dry skin and fresheners are meant for dry sensitive or problem skin.
- Moisturizers refuel your skin's moisture and nourish it. Moisturizers form a protective shield to minimize moisture evaporation and dehydration of dry area. They help restore skin's natural moisture balance. While oil control moisturizers control excess oil and prevent blemishes, emollients are creams for dry skin that replenish the natural supply of the skin's oil.
- Masks exfoliate dead cells from the surface of the skin while hydrating and moisturizing it. Facial masks for dry skin remove dry flaky skin, while oily skin facial masks fine tune the skin's texture, deep cleanse it and control sebum.
- Foundation protects the skin by keeping the moisture in and dirt out besides giving the skin a flawless look. To choose the right shade of foundation, test the colour on your jaw line and it should be the same colour as your complexion. Use full coverage foundations for normal to dry skin and medium coverage ones for normal to oily skin.
Whatever is your skin type, take care of it through cleansing, toning and moisturizing ritual everyday. Apart from external help and topical application the skin could do much better with some effort for the system. Exercise, facial massage and a healthy diet regime can complement your skincare routine and help the skin look healthy and nourished always.
About The Author
Sharon Hopkins is the Webmaster for http://www.skin-care-at-home.com that provides information on how to keep your skin healthy and beautiful with home made skin care recipes and tips on skin nutrition.