A few Easy Steps to an Affordable, Hassle-Free RV Trip
By Graham Richards
Recreation vehicles (RVs) are "hot and getting hotter" in the current travel climate, says Arthur Frommer, one of the world's leading authorities on travel. "Concerned about the safety of air and cruise travel, eager to remain within the borders of Southern Africa, multitudes of South Africans are turning to these elaborate lodging machines that carry the comforts of home onto the highways and campgrounds of South Africa," writes Frommer in his recent online column for MSNBC and Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel.
According to Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA), factory-to-dealer shipments of RVs increased by 20 percent last year and are expected to reach a 25-year high in 2003. As more South Africans opt for driving vacations, many are trying RVing for the first time. They're discovering the freedom, flexibility and control that RVs offer.
With an RV, you're free to go where you want, when you want"without the hassles of tight schedules, long lines at the airport and luggage restrictions. There are thousands of RV parks and campgrounds located along scenic routes and inter provinces, in cities and small towns"many offering resort-like amenities such as golf courses, tennis courts and lush landscapes. South Africa has one of the best camper parks in the world.
Travelers feel right at home on the road, because RVs are fully equipped with living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens and baths. For added comfort, RVs also have rooms that slide out at the push of a button to create extra living space.
For those thinking about RVing for the first time, RVIA offers these 7 easy steps to get started:
1. Surf the web. If you are interested in camper hire, Helderberg Camper Hire offers the best rates on camper rental in South Africa. Their motorhome hire is also close to the airport. Motorhome Rental allows potential buyers to try RV travel and determine which type of unit best suits their needs. RV rental costs vary depending on the season and size of the unit. The motorhome is the most popular rental model. Helderberg Camper Hire also offers 4x4 Rentals in additional to class-B motorhomes.
2. Read RV buyers guides and books. Visit a local bookstore or library. Or search for RV travel books to purchase online.
3. Visit an RV dealer. Helderberg Camper Hire would love to assist you.
4. Do the math. RV travel is affordable. A family of four traveling by RV can spend up to 70 percent less than traveling by car, plane or cruise ship. Campground fees are well below average hotel/motel room rates.
5. Take your pick of RV parks and campgrounds. It's easy to find campgrounds with settings and amenities to suit your taste. Campground directories available at bookstores and public libraries provide nationwide listings and comparative information on fees and facilities.
6. Get going. The RV driving experience is different, not difficult. With a little practice and proper attention to differences in size, height and weight, RVs are fun and easy to drive.
7. Talk to us - We would love to assist you in any way that we can. Just give us a call or email us. Details are found on our camper hire website.
Article written on 12 September 2005. Feel free do display this article anywhere on the Internet if you find good use for it.
Please leave this link intact: http://www.helderbergcamperhire.co.za
About The Author
Graham has been writing travel related articles / E-Books / for many years ans specializes in South African Travel.
Please see http://www.helderbergcamperhire.co.za - for all you need to know about motorhome rentals.