The Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Walk Everyday
By Jackie Stanley
1. Walking everyday promotes weight loss. If you move at a fairly brisk pace you can burn between 240 and 440 calories per hour of walking. This can translate into approximately one pound of weight loss per week or 52 pounds per year.
2. Walking everyday will increase your energy level. Energy comes from energy. That's why the more you move, the more you feel like moving.
3. Walking everyday will support you in feeling good about yourself. There is an incredible sense of accomplishment that accompanies doing something that's good for you.
4. Walking everyday will improve your ability to cope with stress. It will help you relax and better manage the unexpected twists and turns of everyday life.
5. Walking everyday will improve your appearance. A regular walking routine will help you to lengthen and tone your muscles. This will make you appear slimmer.
6. Walking everyday will increase your overall sense of well-being. Regular physical activity will increase the release of the hormones that make you feel happier and emotionally balanced.
7. Walking everyday will increase your mental acuity. Research has shown that people who walk on daily basis think more clearly are better able to focus and concentrate.
8. Walking everyday will help you become physically fit. It will improve your stamina and strengthen your muscles.
9. Walking everyday will help you stay active. The more time you spend walking the less time you will have to devote to sedentary activities like watching television and mildewing on the couch.
10. Walking everyday will help you stay healthy. It increases the efficiency of your heart and lungs. It also reduces your cholesterol levels, blood pressure and your risk of major illnesses such as heart attacks, diabetes and strokes.
About The Author
Jacqueline D. Stanley: Author, Speaker, Chief Encouragement Officer at Lettuce Is Not Enough University: The Place to Learn How to Live Well and Lose Weight.