Unhappiness Is A Curable Disease
10 ways to cure unhappiness
Unhappiness Is A Curable Disease by Sibyl McLendon
1. Take a swig of counting blessings every night before bed. Looking for the blessings no matter how bad the day was strengthens your soul.
2. Do something fun for a half an hour every day. Color in a coloring book, swing on some swings at the park, see a friend or go window-shopping. Just find one light-hearted thing to do and do it.
3. One dose of laughter every day. There is always something to laugh at if you look for it.
4. Feed your soul something uplifting. Read an inspiring book, go see a moving, uplifting movie, find a group to join that does something motivational. A well-fed soul nourishes the spirit.
5. Spend time with positive people and avoid the negative ones. It is hard to be unhappy in a group of happy people.
6. Do something selfless for someone else. Don't expect a reward for it outside of yourself. Doing good feels good.
7. Clean up your surroundings. Cluttered environments create cluttered thinking and cluttered emotions.
8. Take back the personal power you have given away. Whenever you allow another person to have an adverse effect on you, you have given away a little of your personal power. You can make the decision to take that control away from another person whenever you want to.
9. Find or create a peaceful spot for yourself and spend regular time there. Agree with yourself that when you are in your peaceful spot, you will never allow negative emotions to accompany you.
10. Decide to be happy. Sometimes it really is just that easy.
About the Author
Sibyl McLendon, a Navajo woman living in the American Southwest, is a personal empowerment coach for Circle Of Grace. Check out her book, The Myth Of Soul Mates! http://www.circle-of-grace.com/soul_mates.htm http://www.circle-of-grace.com Sibyl can be contacted at email@example.com