10 THINGS WOMEN HATE ABOUT THE WAY MEN RESPOND (OR NOT) ON DATING SITES
1. Starting profiles or correspondence with "God, this is so
hard! What do I say about myself?" If it's that hard, it doesn't
bode well for the future - ..
2. Beginning chat on sites with "Hi, do you fancy a chat?".
Women often get inundated with correspondence, so something
which stands out from the rest is needed.
3. Being overly sexual in tone at the very first exchange '"I'd
love fish pie for dinner" is NOT the way to attract a lifelong
4. Having a man completely ignore the profile you've spent hours
preparing, and him writing "Wow! You're gorgeous, tell me about
yourself and what you do" 'it's fine to offer compliments, but
there's a danger that she'll think you're just after her for her
body if you don't do her the courtesy of reading her profile (
yeah, we know you're only interested in her body, but play the
game a little! :)).
5. Being asked to say why you've declined the advances of a man
who's ugly, with no personality or prospects, doing so under
duress (politely of course) then him being pissed because he's
been given the truth!.....if you can't stand the heat - ..don't
6. Men who don't bother to write anything about themselves, don'
t post photos, then complain that they never get any responses
from women 'like what is she supposed to go on?
7. Men who don't bother to write anything about themselves, and
expect women to "interview" them; "right, what do you want/need
to know about me?" It's supposed to be fun guys, not about
presenting for a job!
8. Cut-and-paste jobs'especially when the joins show!.
9. Being pestered after you've made it clear you aren't
10. Being dumped with no explanation of what you did or said
that was so wrong - -
SUBSCRIBE TO THE APRIL 2002 ISSUE OF "SHOTALK", THE MONTHLY E-ZINE OF THEONLINEDATINSHOP.COM TO FIND OUT WHAT MEN HAVE TO
SAY ON THE SUBJECT!!
For more information and tips about dating and dating sites, including links to the top sites, visit http://www.theonlinedatingshop.com
For up-to-the-minute about what's happening on the dating scene, subscribe to SHOPTALK, the monthly newsletter of TheOnlineDatingShop.com, and receive a FREE individual e-mail relationship counselling session by way of thanks!*
Subscribe by visiting the site or sending a blank e-mail to email@example.com
* Counselling offer valid until 30th June 2002
Privacy statement: Your details will never be sold, lent, or passed on to any third party.
About the Author
Erika Lawal runs TheOnlineDatingShop.com and describes it as "like having a know-it-all best friend to hold your hand through the dating minefield", with reviews, dating site links, tips and individualised relationship counselling. A straight talking and qualified psychotherapist, she decided to take her skills onto the Internet after realizing that singles need solid information more often than they need therapy!