Who Am I?
When the early Greeks went to the Oracle in Delphi to ask questions about life and the future, the Oracle often gave enigmatic answers. But behind all the answers was the ages old dictum, 'Man, Know Thyself,' for which the Oracle is remembered.
All questions that we may have about life arise from this one fundamental question: Who Am I? All problems begin with not knowing this answer. The answer changes with time and with changes in consciousness. Our joy comes from an insight into this question. All fulfillment and all healing must address explicitly or implicitly this question. The answer is not information, although information or concepts might be formulated. The answer is always a soul connection. It is an identification with the expression of Spirit within us, which is in part what soul is.
Throughout the ages, the issue of self knowledge has been the most basic teaching of every path of development or expansion of consciousness. It appears to be deceptively simple. Obviously there must be more to it than at first seems apparent, or we would not have to be constantly reminded of it.
When you buy a new car you get an owner's manual to tell you all about it and how it functions. When we come into this life we do not get an owner's manual and don't know very much about how we function. We have to write our own manual - and it will be unique and different from that of everyone else. How are you doing so far with yours?
Does it not seem odd to you that our educational system teaches us about how the physical world is, but does not teach us how we are? This education is left up to each of us to pursue. We have to learn not only about our physical body, but also about our emotional life and our mental life. Without this knowledge we do not take responsibility for our physical well-being, and our thoughts and especially our emotions control us. Personal growth systems, self-help books and courses, and modern psychology to some extent deal with these dimensions of our personality.
But there is much more to self-knowledge. The 'self' is not the self-image we have, but our essence, the soul, of who we are. And without knowing who we are in our essence we cannot be ourselves. We then live superficially, with our 'power' but a temporary illusion and our love conditional. Without self-knowledge we become victims of circumstances. Through the Soul Journey, we find our unique essence, and become adept at expressing ourselves from a very powerful, intelligent and loving center within us.
- Describe your essence. What few spiritual qualities do you most stand for?
- In the last week how have you responded to the need of others?
- What are you victimized by? The system? Your parents or upbringing? Your job? The economy?
Go beyond just understanding and attain more perspectives, experiences and integration to enable you to heal the past and create the future. Take "The Soul Journey" - Andrew Schneider guides you to Know Yourself, understand soul, heal your personality and develop soul consciousness...
From our extensive site, you'll find good info on many topics using this search:
Looking to find your true spiritual path?
Trans4mind Training - our series of online, interactive video workshops - presents the most effective methods of personal development, combined with support from expert life coaches. The human heart made visible.
A great way to support your Trans4mind Training is to use these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Generalized Anxiety Treatment ~ Use hypnosis as a generalized anxiety disorder treatment and you can feel calm today.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
The iAwake Profound Meditation Program is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!