Who's Directing Your Life?
By Marcia Wieder
While aspects of you encourage, "Go for your dreams," simultaneously other parts threaten, "Don't you dare." A cast of characters lives inside of you and at different times you may receive conflicting or contradictory messages. If you want to be happy, successful, and fulfilled, consider putting your "dreamer" in the director's chair.
What are the voices inside of you saying? As you turn the volume up on the voice of your dreamer and down on the voice of your doubter, you can practice discernment allowing for greater clarity. To assist you in hearing these voices, let's set up a simple scenario. Picture something you want, something that matters to you. Choose a personal or professional dream and consider how these various parts of you might respond.
Avoid Sabotaging Your Dream
- Dreamer - The dreamer inside says, "What if..." and is open to a creative process without over-analyzing it. This is the part of you that imagines, believes in possibilities, has hope, and seeks kindred spirits. Dreamers talk about their ideas with intention, clarity, and passion. Great dreamers get others excited about their vision. And most importantly, successful dreamers take action to make their dreams a reality.
- Doubter - This voice is often heard saying such things as, "I don't think this is a good idea." The doubter provides concern touting, "But what if..." and imagines the worst. If you crank the volume up it can even become annihilating with accusations shouting things like, "Are you out of your mind?" William Shakespeare said, "Our doubts are traitors." Carlos Castaneda said, "In order to experience the magic of life, you must banish the doubt." My favorite quote on this subject is in The Prophet where Kahlil Gibran wrote, "Doubt is a feeling too lonely to know that Faith is its twin brother."
- Realist - "Be realistic..." Modulate the doubter down a notch or two and it becomes the essential voice of the realist. This part wants to know, "What's the plan?" including where is the time and money coming from. However, in the early phase of dreaming, you may not know. The challenge is not to allow the realist to immediately turn into a doubter who might judge or obliterate your idea. Honor this voice by (to the best of your ability) giving it the information it needs. If you ignore or reject it, it will cleverly agitate or distract you. Being realistic offers prudence and makes you do your homework but if you are overly realistic or go to strategy too soon, you will most likely compromise the dream and kill your passion.
- Visionary - This voice says, "Anything is possible so let's dream big!" These are the leaders and people we look up to and admire. They have learned the process of realizing their dreams and embody what it means to be a big dreamer. Setbacks or failures do not stop them. Simply put, a visionary has a vision and invites others to join them. They are found in all walks of life and we are often so inspired when we are in the presence of a true visionary that we sign up just to be near them or part of what they're doing.
A visionary is not defined by the size of the dream since dreams are precious and come in all sizes, shapes and areas of life. If you were living your dream life, how would it be different? What do you see yourself doing? How many lives would you touch? What would you change? Who would you help if you were truly living as a visionary?
When these different voices merge they can become muddled and result in confusion and poor decisions. For example, you might poison your dream by projecting doubt into it. Then with each step you take toward what you want, you also move toward your doubt. Doubt and fear, which most of us may have at some time or another (especially when embarking on a new or big dream) do not belong in your dream. These feelings are simply part of your reality. This is a subtle and essential point.
Here's a simple technique for avoiding this sabotaging pattern. On a piece of paper draw a line across the middle. On the top half write out your dream with as much detail as possible. On the bottom write out your reality in relationship to your dream, where you are now. Reality usually includes good news and (so called) bad, as well as any fear or doubt you may have. Just state the facts and your feelings about them.
Now, which one are you more committed to; your dream or your reality? We tend to choose "reality" when we don't have a clearly defined dream or when we saturate our dream with doubt. If your dream is loaded with your worst imagined nightmares, reality will always seem safer and saner. But doubt placed appropriately as part of your reality, allows two things to happen. First, no longer blown out of proportion, it's an obstacle that basically requires a strategy to manage it. But more importantly, with doubt where it rightfully belongs, you are free to move forward.
It's like a play. All the characters have wisdom and insight, but you can't clearly understand them when they're speaking at once. Take time to tune in, to listen, and on a regular basis, have the courage to give your dreamer its directorial debut or even the leading role.
Marcia Wieder is a best-selling author and speaker who is known as America's Dream Coach®. She's known for giving inspiring and moving talks to AT&T, The Gap and American Express. She appeared several times on Oprah and The Today Show. She also writes for The San Francisco Chronicle. For more information, to receive a free audio e-book, "Jump Start Your Dream", to join her community of Dreamers, or to experience a powerful weekend designed to help you exceed your expectations and achieve your dreams - please visit the DreamCoach site.
FasterEFT for Change and Transformation
Many of us who wish to really help people begin our journey with trying to help someone in our family who has problems or an illness. Or we want to work on ourselves.
We seek healing methods, modalities and tools. Anything that would work to make us feel better. This search often becomes a passion about helping others in the process of our learnings as well. We take courses, get certifications of all kinds and soak up all kinds of philosophies and tools. We go from one course and certification to another because it's just not quite "IT." Not quite what we've been looking for.
FasterEFT is a methodology developed by Robert G. Smith after many years of studying and working with thousands of people. It is a collection of new cutting-edge techniques and processes that integrates the most effective elements of EFT, BSFF, NLP, spiritual understanding, science and the mind’s great ability to transform itself. One of the greatest aspects in FasterEFT is that it is fast, direct and to the point. FasterEFT can quickly transform how you represent your past, shift your emotional disruptions and restore your physical health.
FasterEFT addresses the entire mind/body system which includes what you think and how you process your thoughts, along with the body’s response. It is a self-empowering system that gives you control over your past, present and your future. It will show you how to design and transform your life right now.
This is one of the most direct and simple but profound methods of healing out there. It has been proven to outperform years of therapy and other modalities out there. It gets to the point and helps people make changes fast! It also empowers people to continue the work on their own and not be dependent on therapists or practitioners to take responsibility for their own healing.
FasterEFT is a universal healing system that can help you release:
• Anxiety • Low Self-esteem • Fears • Phobias • Creative Blocks • Weight • Depression
• Grief & Loss • Cravings • Headache • Relationship Problems • Insomnia • Bad Habits
• Disease • Allergy • Pain • Fatigue • Trauma • Addictions
FasterEFT will also help you improve:
• Weight Control • Energy • Performance • Sleep & Relaxation • Immune System
FasterEFT addresses the core of these issues and works fast!
This is what most are looking for. Search no more. Learn how to release and let go of past traumas and limiting beliefs that hold you back from the life you want.
Recommended for you...
Holosync is the most powerful meditation, personal growth and mind development tool available. Meditating with the aid of Holosync is effortless and deeply relaxing - plus it enables you to make quantum leaps in awareness and emotional health...