Choose What You Want In Life!
By Patrice Steen and John Robson
"You don't have to buy from anyone. You don't have to work at any particular job. You don't have to participate in any given relationship. You can choose." -- Harry Browne
Choice. It's all about freedom--the freedom to pick one thing over another. Are you choosing what you want from life? "Oh no," comes the reply. "I can't because... I haven't got enough education... I need to look after my family... I don't have enough money... I don't have the time." What's your excuse?
The truth is that we have choice in every single moment of our lives. For those who are destitute, the choices in life are fewer. But the rest of us often think we don't have freedom when we simply haven't claimed our power to choose differently. How do you typically make decisions? Do you do so based on:
- "shoulds" - doing what you believe you should do.
- pleasing others - doing what others want or expect you to do.
- fear - choosing the safe route for fear of doing something different.
- habit and reaction - you don't even think about what you're doing–you've always done it this way?
On the other hand, you own your power to choose when you decide on the basis of:
- desire - choosing something you want
- need - responding to deeper desires
- authenticity - you know who you are and what you stand for
- creative expression - you strive to be more.
So how can you open to choosing differently?
- Be clear about what you want. Have a sense of purpose. With a target to aim for, you'll know what will serve you best.
- Stop and ask yourself questions: "Why am I doing this? What do I want to achieve?" Write down your answers. Be more conscious of how you are spending your precious time, because this is your life passing by. This will help you say, "Wait! I don't want to do this anymore!"
- Never allow yourself to play the victim. Victims have given away their power. You alone are responsible for your life. When you fully accept this, you will claim your inner power to make better choices. Change often comes from nothing more than a shift in perspective.
- Be open to possibilities for yourself. Select one area of your life where you are unsatisfied, and choose something new, something more for yourself. Do different things and do things differently. Risk more.
Empowerment arises from the three Cs: Choice, Courage and Change. They are yours to claim. You'll be astounded at how easy it will be to take charge once you've made up your mind to do so. You have the opportunity to create a future that's very different from your past. And remember: not choosing is also a choice.
"It is always your next move." -- Napoleon Hill
Patrice Steen and her partner John Robson offer you tools and paths for meaningful growth through personal development plans at Higher Awarenesss
, with online courses, daily email coaching and the free Inner Journey newsletter for personal and spiritual fulfillment.
The Higher Awareness Collection
Committed to life long learning and positive change? Instantly create your own personal and spiritual growth library, with all tools, workbooks and email support ready to use when you want them. With our self help workbooks and email programs, you'll master basic skills, empower your personality and grow spiritually. Every workbook offers daily support emails for at least one month. With more exercises, tips and inspiration, they support you to achieve quality results. It's like having your own personal coach - whenever you need it!
Higher Awareness is a membership site. For only $19/month or $149 for a full year, you have unlimited access to our library of 12 online workbooks with daily email support, 6 email programs, 20 one page worksheets, 50 journaling tools, hundreds of smart questions, our member newsletter 'Growth Tools' and our personal support in answering your questions through email.
As a member, you can download and explore our many programs to build and apply conscious awareness to manifest abundance, healthy relationships, self healing, life purpose, creativity, intuition, and more. With personal guidance all along the way.
From our extensive site, you'll find good info on many topics using this search:
Looking to find and fulfill your life purpose?
Our online, interactive video workshops present the most effective methods of personal development, combined with personal support from expert life coaches.
A great way to support your Trans4mind Training is to use these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Generalized Anxiety Treatment ~ Use hypnosis as a generalized anxiety disorder treatment and you can feel calm today.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
Search on an issue that interests or concerns you...