A Measure of Wealth
Compiled by Prof. Dr. Roger Haw
The following quotes illustrate that there are other values of equal importance to financial ones in building wealth...
"No man can tell whether he is rich or poor by turning to his ledger. It is the heart that makes a man rich. He is rich according to what he is, not according to what he has."
--Henry Ward Beecher
"The want of goods is easily repaired: but the poverty of the soul is irreparable."
--Michel de Montaigne
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." --Henry David Thoreau
"Prosperity is only an instrument to be used; not a deity to be worshipped." --Calvin Coolidge
"Wealth makes everything easy- honesty most of all." --Comtesse Diane
"The best definition of wealth is the possession of whatever gives us happiness, contentment or a sense of one's significance in the scheme of things." --Ernest W. Watson
"The real wealth of the world is in the resources of the ground we stand on, And in the resources of the human mind." --Norman Cousins
"Remember, what you possess in the world will be found at the day of your death to belong to someone else, but what you are will be yours forever." --Henry van Dyke
"Wealth is not only what you have but it is also what you are." --Sterling W. Sill
"To have what we want is riches, but to be able to do without is power." --George MacDonald
"Not what you possess but what you do with what you have, determines your true worth." --Thomas Carlyl
"Who is rich? He who rejoices in his lot." --The Mishnah
"If you want to know how rich you really are, find out what would be left of you tomorrow if you should loose every penny you own tonight." --Wm . J. H. Boetcker
"It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy." --George Horace Lorimer
"Poverty has its duties as well as its rights." --Benjamin Disraeli
"It is not poverty that we praise, it is the man whom poverty cannot humble or bend." --Seneca
"The real measure of our wealth is how much we should be worth if we lost our money." --J. H. Jowett
"What greater ornament to a son than a father's glory, or to a father than a son's honorable conduct?" -- Sophocles
"To crave more than you need - that is poverty." --Ivan N. Panin
"Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants." --Epicurus
"Man is not the master of what he has, but only its guardian." --Jacob ben Asher
"I would rather be a beggar and spend my money like a king, than be a king and spend money like a beggar." --Robert G. Ingersoll
"There is nothing that making men rich and strong but that which they carry inside of them. True wealth is of the heart, not of the hand." --John Milton
"A wise man will desire no more than what he may get justly, use soberly, distribute cheerfully, and leave contentedly." --Anonymous
"The best condition of life is not to be so rich as to be envied nor so poor as to be damned." --Josh Billings
"In finances, be strict with yourself, generous with others." --Moses Maimonides
"Do you know what real poverty is? It is never to have a big thought or a genuine impulse." --Jerome P. Fleishman
"In the sphere of material things, giving means being rich. Not he who has much is rich, but he who gives much." --Erich Fromm
"The wealth of a nation cannot be stored in gold bars. It must remain in the spirit and attitude of the people; wholesome, hopeful, and reverent." --Douglas Meador
"All our possessions are as nothing compared to health, strength and a clear conscience." --Hosea Ballou
"No legacy is so rich as honesty." --William Shakespeare
"Money buys everything except love, personality, freedom, immortality, silence, peace." --Carl Sandburg
Prof. Dr. Roger Haw has co-authored several books and research papers in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility, Learning organization and Distance/Virtual Learning programs. He is one of the youngest founding members of Ansted University
established in British Virgin Islands of UK, a private international open university with 40 affiliated campuses and training providers around the world.
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
The iAwake Profound Meditation Program is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
We believe that technology can be used in a wise and balanced way to improve our lives. That’s why we recommend using Profound Meditation in conjunction with your preferred meditation technique. That could involve breath awareness, witnessing, visualization, mantra, or any other form. In the User Guide, iAwake provide simple meditation instructions that anyone can follow.
Profound Meditation 3.0 includes 19 audio tracks, 430 total minutes and is available for instant download. It provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Inspiring Quotes of the Week
When you subscribe to our free service, each Monday you'll receive several transformational quotes on a new topic - with commentary by Peter Shepherd - to inspire you throughout the week...
Subscribe now... it's free!
Your address will remain 100% confidential and it's just one click to unsubscribe.
Free 'Inside Hypnosis' video course...
- Free 3-part introduction to the 'Inside Hypnosis' course ~ Learn hypnosis to help yourself and others. These guys have been teaching hypnosis for 20 years, and it's all the creative, indirect stuff - not old-style authoritarian hypnosis. This is one of the best ways to advance in personal development - so it's definitely worth learning about.
Most popular hypnosis downloads...
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Generalized Anxiety Treatment ~ Use hypnosis as a generalized anxiety disorder treatment and you can feel calm today.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...