Good Health and How to Achieve It
By Debbie Piltin
The importance of good health cannot be ignored. Without good health we leave ourselves susceptible to dangerous diseases and a shortened life span. Good health is fairly easy to achieve, but you must make certain changes in your life style that may seem difficult at first. The main thing to remember is to start off slowly and don't try to change everything at once.
The most important facet of good health is adequate exercise. Exercises help us achieve good health by strengthening our cardio-vascular system, strengthening our muscle mass and reducing the affect of stress on the body. To ensure that exercises do not appear to be chores, it is best to find exercises that you enjoy doing rather than those that you dread. For those who prefer to be outdoors, trekking, hiking, jogging or running may be the appropriate exercise to take up. On the other hand, for those who enjoy swimming, membership to a local pool may be the answer.
Alternate methods of exercises are slowly becoming very popular. Amongst those that are really catching on is yoga. This is a very popular form of exercise that helps to strengthen your body, helps you lose weight, and is great as a stress reliever. Another alternate exercise is Pilates that addresses the core strength of your abdominals. The main point is that whatever your interest may be, you are sure to find an alternate form of exercise that would ensure good health.
Poor eating habits are a precursor to poor health. Healthy eating is very important in achieving and maintaining good health. Those who have poor eating habits should slowly change by taking steps such as adding a small salad to your dinner, or a piece of fruit for dessert rather than ice cream. The aim is to slowly change the eating habits by making sure that the bulk of what you consume is nutritious and full of vitamins and minerals. Moderation in whatever you do is the key to success.
A primary type of food to avoid when you want to 'eat right' is processed food. We all find it most convenient to open a packet of pre-packaged frozen food and pop it in the microwave to have a complete meal. Such a meal however is far from complete and does nothing for good health.
As a healthier choice, try making several nutritious meals on Sunday night and freezing portions of them to eat next week. This way you have the convenience of fast meals but you also know what's gone into them. Just by making small changes such as this you can be eating healthier in no time.
The two big time killers of good health are smoking and drinking. A few drinks now and again are fine, and small amounts of red wine are actually good for you, but there is no such exception for smoking. You need to reduce your drinking and you have to quit smoking. Smoking is dangerous not only to your health but also to the health of those around you. The good news is that as you quit smoking, the body commences the task of repairing all the damage that has occurred over the years.
It is easy to achieve good health. All it takes is making some changes to your diet and lifestyle. Start by taking the stairs at work instead of getting in the elevator. Or switch that favorite lunchtime meal of hamburger and fries for a wrap and a salad. Small, easy changes are the best way to start. By making these changes now you can enjoy good health well into your golden years.
Recommended for you...
Most popular hypnosis downloads...
- Mindfulness Meditation Pack ~ Get the very most from every moment of every day and develop a deep well of inner calm.
- Let Go of the Past ~ This program will set you free to make the most of your life.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Generalized Anxiety Treatment ~ Use hypnosis as a generalized anxiety disorder treatment and you can feel calm today.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Holosync is the most powerful meditation, personal growth and mind development tool available. Meditating with the aid of Holosync is effortless and deeply relaxing - plus it enables you to make quantum leaps in awareness and emotional health...