Why Is It So Difficult To Lose Weight After 30?
By Dov Oshri
Have you tried to lose weight after 30? Wasn't that more difficult than ever before? Guess what? It's even more difficult after 40! Have you ever wondered why your body reacts differently to the same regimes you apply in different stages of your life?
People that have never had a weight problem get flabbier after 30 without clear explanation. They start exercising and they don't see any improvement. They eat less, and they still don't achieve any significant change. What they don't take into consideration is the aging impact on their body
Aging is a Reason for Gaining Weight and the Obstacle to Losing Weight
There are many theories about aging but the most researched one is the "Free Radicals" theory. Free radicals are atoms or molecules in which at least one electron is unpaired causing an instability (a stable atom contains a balance of paired electrons which encircle the nucleus). This instability causes the electrons to be very reactive - they bond easily with healthy molecules and damage them. According to the free radicals theory, this damage is what causes you to age and to become vulnerable to certain diseases.
The most common free radical is an oxygen radical, which occurs in the mitochondria when an unpaired electron interacts with oxygen. Mitochondria are your cellular power plants, the tiny structures in your cells that provide energy in the chemical form of ATP. This is your "fuel" for all your life functions. It helps your heart to pump and your lungs to distribute oxygen when you breathe.
When free radicals are formed in the mitochondria, they reduce the power of your cellular power plants to produce energy efficiently. You are not running out of energy because you're aging. You are aging because you are running out of energy. Free radicals gradually shut down your power as if you are slowly turning off a light dimmer.
Free Radicals and Energy Reduction are the Roots of Most Aging Problems
Without energy your metabolic rate drops causing you to accumulate more body fat. You are losing muscle mass, bone mass, facial collagen and you are tired even when you have over-slept. Energy reduction at the cellular level also decreases the hormone secretion in your glands. The most abundant hormone in the body is DHEA. It is known as the 'mother of all hormones' because it is involved in the manufacture of other hormones, especially the sexual hormones estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone.
DHEA peeks at the age of 20 but afterwards declines sharply so at age 45 you have 50% of your high peek DHEA, and at the age of 65 you have only 10-20% of what you had at age 20. As the mother of all hormones DHEA represents a decline in other hormones as Human Growth Hormone, (HGH), Testosterone (in men), estrogen and progesterone (in women). Studies show that as lower your hormone level is, as higher your tendency to accumulate fat.
Weight gain after 30 is a result of a vicious cycle of aging. Aggressive free-radicals decrease energy production which decreases hormone level and your metabolic rate to levels that most diets cannot help.
Anti-Aging Can Support Weight Loss by Neutralizing Free-Radicals
The most common way to fight free radicals is by increasing significantly antioxidants in your body. Your body produces antioxidants naturally or it gets it from food like fruit and vegetables. Antioxidants are form of enzymes that attack free radicals by attaching to the unpaired electron and neutralize it. There are 2 kinds of antioxidants: the first type patrols the body, blocking the formation of free radicals. The second type disarms the already existing free radicals before they bind with healthy molecules.
Studies show that today's fruit and vegetables are not as rich in antioxidants as few decades ago. It is impossible to get the recommended level without supplements such as multi-vitamins, vitamin C, and vitamin E in the right dosages. But this by itself doesn't make the difference. No one loses weight just by taking antioxidants.
Anti-Aging Can Support Weight Loss by Boosting Energy in Your Cells
You can increase your cells energy if you exercise regularly and supplement your food with energizers. energizers are vitamins and minerals that increase the energy production in your cells. Well studied energizers are Lipoic Acid, Chromium Picolinate, Coenzyme Q-10, and others. Cardio training is the best exercise to boost your cellular energy. Cardio training is what you may know as aerobic exercise like jogging, cycling, rowing or other activities that ramp your heart rate.
Anti-Aging Can Support Weight Loss by Increasing Hormone Level and Accelerating Metabolic Rate
An expensive and still questionable way to increase your hormones is Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Hormone replacement therapy must be recommended and supervised by a doctor. But critics recommend staying away and not messing with the side effect risks of hormones. You can boost your hormone level significantly without a doctor and for free if you engage in resistance training like free weights, weight machines, bands, cables or even body weight.
Studies show without a doubt that resistance training stimulates secretion of HGH and testosterone. But that's not all. Resistance training has many other benefits. It helps to gain muscle and reverses the aging damage of losing muscle. The more muscles you have, the more fat you burn because mussel growth accelerate you metabolic rate.
Aging is Not an Obstacle Any More to Weight Loss
You reverse your aging damage backwards and slow your aging going forward when you burn fat and gain muscle. You can accelerate this process by reducing free-radicals and increase energy production using supplements. But there is no way to achieve it without special exercises that boost hormone levels and optimum nutrition to decrease blood sugar.
Dov Oshri is the author of the Anti-Aging Fitness Program Change Your Body and Be Admired and the editor of the excellent 'Body for Mind' weekly newsletter.
Recommended for you...
Most popular hypnosis downloads...
- Quit Smoking Pack ~ Watch this video to learn why the right sort of hypnosis can help you quit smoking in a whole different way.
- Mindfulness Meditation Pack ~ Get the very most from every moment of every day and develop a deep well of inner calm.
- Let Go of the Past ~ This program will set you free to make the most of your life.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Generalized Anxiety Treatment ~ Use hypnosis as a generalized anxiety disorder treatment and you can feel calm today.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Holosync is the most powerful meditation, personal growth and mind development tool available. Meditating with the aid of Holosync is effortless and deeply relaxing - plus it enables you to make quantum leaps in awareness and emotional health...