Inspiring Quotes of the Week + Bonuses!
How to Stay Balanced, Healthy and Energized Away from Home
By Amanda Moxley
It's not easy to feel balanced, eat well and exercise while away from home, believe me I know; here are some ideas to guide you on your next adventure, business trip or family vacation. Enjoy!
- Each morning set intentions for your day for health, food, fun, etc. An intention is a goal that you intend to achieve. It's easy to feel out of control and out of alignment when you are away from your routine. When you set daily intentions you are focusing on what you really want and desire instead of being pulled by the current of the day.
- Breathe! It sounds so simple but most of us are completely unaware of our breath. Practice tuning into your breath throughout your day. (Take a yoga class to learn more about breathing.)
- While dining out take a moment before you open the menu to ask your body what it is truly hungry for. Most menus are written with the intention to sell you something not to nourish your body, mind and spirit. Your body has all of the answers and all you have to do is ask and listen. For example, most restaurants bring bread to the table. If you do not want bread tell the server, "no bread please", before they bring it to your table that way you won't eat it.
- Chew each bite 20 times. One of the biggest issues with traveling is constipation so slow down, breathe and chew your food. Digestion begins in the mouth. Chewing food thoroughly gives the digestive system a break.
- Eat early and take a walk after dinner. You will sleep better and the movement will help digestion.
- Be flexible. Sometimes when we travel we feel stressed and up-tight because we are out of our normal routine which affects our digestion. Try to be flexible and adventurous and let go of your expectations, don't beat yourself up if you ate desert or drank too much. Focus on the big picture and remember that tomorrow is a new beginning!
- Drink tons of water! Try drinking at least 70 ounces of filtered water a day. Most of us are chronically dehydrated which causes fatigue, food cravings, stress, tension etc. So drink up!
- Eat where the locals eat. Shop at Farmer's Markets and eat simply. Your body will love you.
- Relax and enjoy the new sights, sounds, smells and people.
- Don't be afraid to skip a meal. Often times when we travel we feel run down and over stimulated and find ourselves on a crazy roller coaster ride trying to catch up. We come home exhausted needing a vacation from our vacation. You can skip a meal and exercise, meditate, breathe or nap instead of eating. This will rejuvenate you!
Copyright © 2008 Amanda Moxley
Amanda Moxley - The Radiant Health Coach™- has developed an easy way to lose weight naturally, amplify your energy, and feel confident in your body. In only 3 steps you can create the body and life you desire without dieting or going to extremes. Get her free Special Wellness Report: 3 Secret Steps to Losing Weight, Getting Energized and Feeling Positively Confident in Your Body
at Radiant Health Coach.com
From our extensive site, you'll find good info on many topics using this search:
Looking for greater wellbeing?
Trans4mind Training - our series of online, interactive video workshops - presents the most effective methods of personal development, combined with support from expert life coaches. The human heart made visible.
A great way to support your Trans4mind Training is to use these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
The iAwake Profound Meditation Program is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!