When we were young, we experienced the world through our senses. Having a connection to "All That Is" and everything magical was a given, not something that we needed to work so hard to achieve. Our life was "right now," not in past regrets or worrying about tomorrow's successes and failures. The sound of our loved one's laughter would leave us belly laughing even if we didn't know what was being laughed about, and we would cry just as easily. Shiny objects maintained a fascination that would often distract us from anything else going on.
As we age, we begin to think. We think about what our parents tell us, what we should or shouldn't do. We think about what we want and don't have and what our friends think we should be. We are always thinking and our minds and egos take over us to the point where often times we forget who are anymore. The butterfly that would fly by and bring a sense of joyful delight to us, is now insignificant as we rush through another overly busy day.
The national stress levels are on the rise and many more people suffer from anxiety driven illnesses than ever before. Even so, life is beautiful and we are surrounded by joy. Learning to re-develop our senses as our primary mode of awareness can put us back in connection with ourselves and the world around us. It can remind us to stay in the present moment and to really pay attention to how many wonderful things are available for us to experience right now, if only our mind would quit monkeying around and keeping us so wrapped up in its cerebral chaos. Our heart can learn to once again feel heard and our intuition can begin to return to us in abundance.
I invite you, dear reader, to take just one moment out of your day. Look around, as if for the first time. What do you see? Listen hard to the sounds of your world. What do you hear? Step away from the computer, the TV and the novel you are reading at lunch and breakfast and really taste your food. Caress your skin and wake up to the physical body that is under nourished of your attention and pleasure, yet still serves you with such dedication that you are alive and well enough to read this newsletter. Just for a moment, can you hear your heart's message to you?
I challenge you to return to a sensual way of life. Look at your loved one, friends, and coworkers as if for the very first time. Step back into the world of awareness and leave your mind to chatter to itself while you begin a new life of feeling with your heart and senses. Even if for one moment each day, your life will improve greatly.
Tracy Morrow lives in Cleveland, OH with her husband and children. She is a certified Life Coach and Reiki Master Teacher who focuses on relationships and conflict resolution. If you would like more tips, she invites you to download her free eBook, “The Art of Meditation” (no signup required).
Recommended for you...
Most popular hypnosis downloads...
- Mindfulness Meditation Pack ~ Get the very most from every moment of every day and develop a deep well of inner calm.
- Let Go of the Past ~ This program will set you free to make the most of your life.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Generalized Anxiety Treatment ~ Use hypnosis as a generalized anxiety disorder treatment and you can feel calm today.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Holosync is the most powerful meditation, personal growth and mind development tool available. Meditating with the aid of Holosync is effortless and deeply relaxing - plus it enables you to make quantum leaps in awareness and emotional health...