What Hypnosis Can Do for You
By Iain Legg
Hypnosis is a modified condition of consciousness when the brain's activities are lowered. Thus, this state gives a feeling of relaxation. And contrary to popular beliefs, you do not need to be guided by a trance master for you to experience hypnosis. As long as your mind operates at a frequency lower than the usual, hypnosis can be properly done.
When the mind is subjected to hypnosis, it becomes open to suggestions. That is why it is used in various situations to maximize the effect. Here are some things that hypnosis can do for you...
1. Hypnosis can improve your focus and concentration. If you are suffering from weak control of focus, hypnosis can improve that by channeling your attention to a specific object. This is done when the brain activities are low, putting other things aside.
2. Hypnosis can help you quit addictions like smoking. Some hypnosis programs are offered especially for addiction cases. They promise to deliver results of quitting addiction after doing daily hypnosis exercises, or undergoing hypnosis under the guidance of professionals for as short as 90 minutes, followed by a reinforcement hypnosis session.
3. Hypnosis can address your anxiety, panic, and phobia-related problems. These problems are caused by thoughts that certain persons are not able to control. To improve the mental state, these thoughts must be harnessed. For example, it is easier to overcome phobias when the mind is relaxed because the initial reaction of panic is set aside for a more rational way of responding to stimuli.
4. Hypnosis can help you in weight management. All weight loss programs will not work if the users are not accustomed to the needed discipline and state of mind. A lot of people find themselves unsuccessful no matter what weight loss program they undergo, may it be through food control or body activities. It is because their mindsets do not compliment the program.
5. Hypnosis can help you cope up with stress. When your body is tired from working hard, it can find rejuvenation in sleep or rest. But the mind is more complex than that. To get rid of mental stress, you must be able to lower its activities. This can be achieved through hypnosis.
6. Hypnosis can help you improve over-all performance. The body can do what the mind tells it to because human actions are somehow limited to what the mind believes in. In hypnosis, you can set your goals and undergo procedures to be able to reach your objectives in life.
7. Hypnosis can increase self-esteem.Because the mind becomes open to suggestions during hypnosis, it is easier to do personality development in that induced state. There is a greater chance of overcoming personal fears when positive thinking is implemented.
8. Hypnosis can help medical practitioners in administering cure to their patients.Most medical treatment effects are maximized with the help of hypnosis. The patients are relaxed and are in a condition wherein they will be able to follow instructions told by the doctors. Panic is also reduced in serious cases such as accidents and serious medical conditions. Other medical conditions such as bulimia, migraine, and impotency can be cured by self-hypnosis.
With all the things that hypnosis can do, it is no wonder that it is considered a powerful tool in achieving different endeavors that humans have.