Inspiring Quotes of the Week + Bonuses!
Persuasive Public Speaking - How to Persuade Your Audience Through Public Speaking
By Michael Lee
Want to enhance your persuasive public speaking skills? Perhaps you have already spoken before an audience, have given a great speech, have influenced them considerably to your point and have received a standing ovation a few times. Now you wish to improve that foundation you have in persuasive public speaking.
Here are three ways that can help you to become a more influential speaker:
- Body language.
The majority of human communication is done nonverbally, and people commonly respond and understand it very well, having said that we primarily did not have formal education on nonverbal language. In order to effectively connect with your audience, mean what you're saying through nonverbal cues.
These include eye contact, hand gestures, pacing and the like to stress your words and statements. For instance, if you're trying to imply a very important point, you may point a finger up. If you're telling a story, pace a short distance citing you're bringing them to a certain point. You would be surprised what difference as an audience it would make if the speaker simply went through his speech purely verbal.
Influence is your main concern when speaking before an audience so you have to know what you're talking about. You have to persuade them into considering the point that you're trying to make by citing facts, accepted truths and sources to show that your speech is actually based on something relevant.
Realize that there is no debate or an exchange between you and them so you have to be very mindful of every single aspect of your speech or they may find you stereotypical; or worse, they may see you contradicting your own statements. Do some research and be open about new ideas and opinions before speaking; this will further guide you how to be a more persuasive speaker.
Treat your audience, no matter how great or small in number, as your utmost concern. They are the reason you are speaking, so feel for them as if your message and efforts will be in vain if you cannot convince them to your point of view.
You have to create a link between you and your audience to successfully deliver your speech. This connection can be made through personal anecdotes, humor or even asking an audience to speak a little.
The goal is to be able to create feelings between you and your audience where they will know that it matters to you that they listen. This will be the basis for a smooth flow for the duration of the speech and probably the key to persuasion.
In a persuasive speech, you as the public speaker should know how to persuade and convince. The audience should be driven to a point of influence that your message will successfully be delivered and received. Repetition of ideas, facts and opinions will bring them to your point and positively boost your persuasive public speaking skills.
Michael Lee is the author of the highly-acclaimed How To Be An Expert Persuader... In 20 Days or Less
. This power-packed course reveals mind-altering persuasion secrets to turbocharge your earnings, win lots of friends, captivate the opposite sex, and make anyone subconsciously like and trust you.
From our extensive site, you'll find good info on many topics using this search:
Looking for a better life?
Trans4mind Training - our series of online, interactive video workshops - presents the most effective methods of personal development, combined with support from expert life coaches. The human heart made visible.
A great way to support your Trans4mind Training is to use these popular and effective hypnosis downloads...
- Public Speaking Fear ~ Banish speaking anxiety and nerves with hypnosis.
- Motivate Yourself to Exercise ~ Build a powerful exercise habit that you can't break.
- Get Rid of Fear & Anxiety ~ Stop worry and apprehension wrecking your life.
- Self Esteem ~ Break the negative trance of low self esteem and give yourself a chance in life.
- Create Your Own Reality ~ Use the power of your unconscious mind to transform your life.
- Deeper Self Respect ~ Use hypnosis to connect with your true inner worth.
- Detach From Fear ~ Tune out nervousness and anxiety with hypnosis.
- Improving Concentration and Focus ~ Learn how to discipline, direct and command your mind to improve your performance.
- Exercise Motivation ~ Give you powerful keys to getting back on track with your exercise - and staying there.
- Overcoming Shyness ~ Provides an invisible security blanket allowing you to develop social ease and overcome shyness.
- Quick Confidence Booster ~ An audio hypnosis session that's specifically designed to get you (quickly!) back on track.
- Stop Negative Thoughts ~ Learn powerful hypnotic techniques to stop negative thoughts before they start.
- Overcoming Procrastination ~ Let hypnosis help you get on with what you need to do, when you need to do it. Let nothing hold you back.
- Think Thin ~ Use hypnosis to re-train your brain and lose weight naturally... that's how to get and stay slim.
- Fall Asleep Fast ~ Relearn how to fall asleep fast and enjoy a good night's sleep.
- The Next Level ~ Designed to radically boost your performance in any field. It's based on a technique used by top athletes and other successful people to help them make a big stride forward.
This is our selection of favorites, but there's a session for every need! Choose from over 800 Hypnosis Downloads...
Search now on an issue that interests or concerns you...
Welcome to the New Wave in Meditation Technology
The iAwake Profound Meditation Program is a way of enhancing your meditation practice, making meditation not only easier and more enjoyable, but also more efficient and effective.
Profound Meditation provides the smoothest, deepest, richest, most profound meditation experience available anywhere...
- Establish a daily practice that sticks
- Enhance your focus, flow, and performance
- Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Evolve and deepen your spiritual life
Here is a link to a free 20-minute track from iAwake Technologies - a sample of the type of tools that will deepen your meditation immediately and help you quickly become a successful meditator. It's the opening track of iAwake's flagship product, the Profound Meditation Program, called the iAwake Experience...
I think you'll find this technology a tremendous aid on your transformative journey of becoming your best and most creative self - and you can get started today!